The organizational structure of VHEI is defined as follows. The responsibilities of each organizational or academic unit are described in the sections of this document relating to the specific unit. All organizational units are under the responsibility of the Management Board (MB), while all the academic units refer to the Academic Council (AC).
VHEI is based in Malta, but it is the result of a continuous collaborative process between Italian and Maltese partners.
Based on the agreement reached, VHEI will monitor and assume responsibility for the QA of the programs offered.
1. The Management Board (MB) consists of the President of VHEI Ltd, the CEO and the Academic Director (AD).
2. It is the prerogative of the shareholders to select the members of the company in the MB, on the basis of the skills and experience required to achieve the objectiv The members of the MB represent the leading officials of the company and their duties are assigned by the MB itself.
3. The chairman of the MB is the President of the company, who presides over all the meetings of the board and acts as the legal representative of the company, together with the CEO and any other executive delegated to do so by the MB.
4. The MB is also responsible for establishing the selection criteria, with the organizational units concerned, and for conducting or supervising the selection processes for each position within the organization.
5. The MB determines the composition of the Academic Council (AC) – the board responsible for all academic matters, in line with all the agreements made with the partners of VHEI and FCM (Children Media Foundation). The members of the AC are chosen on the basis of their qualifications and academic experience, as required by the Institute’s standard The members include the Principal (president of the AC), the Academic Director, the CEO, as well as representatives of the academic staff, the students, the FCM, and any accredited study program.
6. The list of the functions of the AC, communicated by the MB to the members of the AC, in corresponding letters of appointment, include tasks related to educational In general, the AC oversees all academic functions and activities, defines and monitors the administration of all study programs and establishes academic regulations. On the contrary, the MB is in charge of business management and the economic aspects of business operations.
7. With regular meetings – during which all decisions are verbalised – the MB establishes the general management policies and the governance structure, as well as the corporate strategies to be followed by the CEO, who in turn oversees the management operations and the daily ones with the administrative staff. It is the prerogative of the shareholders to appoint and assign the MB’s role and functions, while those of the CEO are defined by the MB.
8. The MB must ascertain that the appointed CEO is fit for the purpose. The responsibilities of the CEO reflect those of the Head of executive, administrative and management functions that offers higher education services. The CEO establishes the policies and procedures to be applied in the daily operations and in the management practices of the company, in line with the best practices in the secto The FCM provides an administrative staff and the necessary resources to manage the respective campuses in Malta and Italy.
9. The MB is responsible for making decisions on the vision, mission and objectives of corporation, defining the strategy and governance system to be employed. This implies a rigorous ethical behaviour by the executives, who must ensure fairness and financial responsibility in all their action.
10. The MB appoints a management and coordination committee for each of its branches, in accordance with the agreements between the partners (FCM).
11. Finally, the MB is responsible for ensuring that the QA of VHEI’s policy is fully applied to both academic campuses and for facilitating constant monitoring by the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC), in Malta or in Italy.
12. The MB meets regularly to establish policies and provide guidance to the CEO, as required.
Corporate ethics places a strong emphasis on the sustainable development of local communities. This forms the basis of the CRS (Corporate Social Responsibility) established by VHEI, which guarantees the social, environmental and economic sustainability of its projects and activities, involving and promoting the interests of local communities. This strategy is reflected both in the section of the programs that VHEI decides to develop, as well as in the activities – festivals, exhibitions and other events – organized from time to time.
13. The MB is also responsible for the financial management of the company, duly assisted by the C Therefore, it controls the activities listed in the following section and takes any action that may be required to fulfil this task.